Be a Part of Something Great
Jenzabar is looking to hire an Assistant Counsel as we expand our legal team to support the continued growth and success of our organization. For over four decades, the higher education experts at Jenzabar have been helping colleges and universities across the world thrive. The Jenzabar culture is one that fosters an entrepreneurial environment, where employees are encouraged to be creative, work hard, and have a great time while doing so. We believe in open doors, asking tough questions, respecting each other, and surpassing our clients’ expectations every step of the way. It’s an enjoyable place to be, with casual dress and a relaxed atmosphere.
We are looking for legal talent that is:
- Proactive: Anticipates the needs of our business and will keep our business folks updated on a regular basis.
- Excels in Being Responsive: Keeps our business folks updated every step of the way.
- Driven: Seeking to go above and beyond to accomplish a great deal to better our company, as well as their own career development.
- Embraces Technology: Masters the use of technology in the offering of legal services to improve efficiency and effectiveness so we focus on what is important to our company and legal department.
How You’ll Grow
Jenzabar encourages career growth and development at every level, with career planning, tuition reimbursement, and other career development opportunities. As a legal group, we meet regularly for training on hot topics in the legal industry that affect our company. We believe in working off our employees’ individual strengths to foster a collaborative, supportive, and strategic environment.
To qualify for this position, you must meet certain requirements. There are also additional qualifications that are preferred.
What You’ll Do
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various customer agreements, including, licensing, SaaS, professional services, support, service level, beta, RFP responses, and other related agreements;
- Updating and developing necessary forms;
- Working with finance, sales, and services;
- Help maintain company compliance with day-to-day issues, including data security, GDPR, records retention, security policies, and other related policies;
- Update and enhance contracts playbook; and
- Performing special projects, as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a law firm or an inhouse environment;
- J.D. from a well-regarded law school;
- Admitted to at least one state bar (preferably Massachusetts); and
- Willingness to pitch in when needed and incorporate feedback to help improve processes.
Preferences & Skills
- Detail-oriented and able to develop and implement new or enhanced processes for increasing the efficiency of regular responsibilities;
- Knowledgeable about technology and software development;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Superb drafting skills;
- Proactive, self-motivated, and highly organized, with experience managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work within a team-focused environment; and
- Experience with a contract management system.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance