Work closely with development and product teams, to help define project objectives and obtain the scope of work for each phase of the project. Lead multiple small and large software application development projects from conceptualization to launch, delivering those projects on time and on budget.ESSENTIAL TASKS
- Collaborate with the Product Managers and Scrum Masters of the various product teams to create and implement project plans in accordance with business requirements and manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project plan and scope.
- Monitor and update the project plan daily, including deliverables, dependencies, assignments and outcomes to ensure project deliverables stay on time and on target.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects throughout their full lifecycle, from business analysis through project start up, execution, completion and wrap-up.
- Work with the Director of Product Development for approval on proposed scope and prioritization changes and to better understand the cost and budget of each project.
- Continuously keep the project teams informed as to the project’s purpose, background, scope, requirements, and important issues.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans, including managing risk mitigation strategies working with Director of Product Development and project teams.
- Follow development process and project management best practices, and drive their continuous improvement while being flexible to customize project management processes, tools, and templates as required for each individual project.
- Help to coordinate and mediate regular stand up meetings, grooming meetings, and sprint planning meetings.
- Facilitate and lead where appropriate, planning meetings, reviews, retrospectives, technical architecture discussions, and systems design discussions.
- Identify and propose project process changes to management for consideration and implement proposed changes as approved by management
- Document and publish all project and workflow departmental processes
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Scrum Master experience for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Project Management certification. PMI-ACP certification or Certified SCRUM Master is a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server or JIRA.
- Experience with SharePoint and Aha! is a plus.
- Experience writing SQL queries for project reporting is a plus