Jenzabar is seeking a highly motivated Certified Public Accountant for the role of Controller joining the Boston Finance team. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Controller is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the accounting function, including timely and accurate reporting of all consolidated financial reports and statements with supporting schedules in accordance with US GAAP and Jenzabar accounting policies. The individual will be charged with directing and controlling all general accounting, account payables, accounts receivables, treasury functions and will be responsible for the review and approval of all sales contract pricing to ensure accuracy and compliance with revenue recognition rules. The Controller is the primary liaison to the external auditors. This position plays a lead role in both an upcoming ERP implementation as well as the adoption of ASC606.
As the Controller of Jenzabar, you will:
- Report directly to the Vice President of Finance.
- Oversee all aspects of the accounting function, including month end close process and reporting of all consolidated financial statements with supporting schedules.
- Exhibit a comprehensive and well-rounded technical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) with aptitude for technical accounting research.
- Concisely and competently conveyed technical knowledge to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Review and approve all contracts with customers prior to execution for consideration of key contractual terms and conditions, identification of elements of the transaction and allocation of contractual funding based on current VSOE/BESP requirements and impending new revenue standards.
- Provide strategic guidance on the pricing of new product offerings as well as the development of new pricing models related to the shift in market demand from perpetual to SaaS.
- Manage debt and foreign held investment portfolios, assess debt covenants and other compliance requirements and coordinate any reporting including international filings for subsidiaries.
- Ensure proper cash management and control including monitoring of daily cash activity, accounting for foreign currency translations and occasional hedge transactions. Evaluate liquidity levels for business operations as well as debt covenants.
- Participate in biweekly sales forecast calls to review pipeline with sales representatives and adjust forecast as needed.
- Provide assistance in the due diligence process for potential mergers and acquisitions and the subsequent accounting impact.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of internal controls and process improvement.
- Serve as primary liaison to auditors and tax advisors. Facilitate annual audit process and quarterly tax filings ensuring timely completion. Prepare consolidated financial statements and related disclosures.
- Review biweekly payroll for accuracy and proper supporting documentation including new hire onboarding, terminations, severance agreements, discretionary compensation awards and changes to benefit elections.
- Manage corporate travel program. Established partnerships with service providers such as National Car Rental resulting in significant savings to the company while improving the experience of employees.
- BS or BA in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of Accounting experience preferably within the software/technology industry and with a mix of private and public accounting
- 3+ years management of professional level staff –Leadership skills a must
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Able to work in a fast paced and changing environment and keep focused under pressure
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experienced in hiring, training, supervising and mentoring staff.
- High energy, self-starter, possessing a hands-on work ethic, the ability to learn quickly, and the desire to continue to learn
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance