Cognos Technical Consultant
The Technical Cognos Consultant will be working to design and develop Business Intelligence solutions with Cognos solutions for our Jenzabar clients. The position calls flexibility in creating requirements / specifications as well as utilizing your technical and Cognos reporting skills.
- Design and develop Business Intelligence reporting solutions based on client requirements
- Ability to analyze requirements and recognize alternative solutions that may be more efficient or effective for client
- Customize Cognos Framework report model
- Provide remote and onsite Cognos training to customers relating to security, the model as well as authoring reports.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation on the customizations.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience;
- Proven ability and desire to both estimate tasks and meet deadlines, working effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment;
- Ability to transform business requirements into deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Motivated, hardworking and flexible;
- Quick learner who enjoys a challenge and can see the bigger picture;
- Minimum of 2 years Cognos experience; in addition, any technical experience a plus
- Business knowledge of the Higher Education industry is a strong plus
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance