Be a Part of Something Great
Jenzabar is looking to hire a Corporate Counsel as we expand our legal team to support the continued growth and success of our organization. For over four decades, the higher education experts at Jenzabar have been helping colleges and universities across the world thrive. The Jenzabar culture is one that fosters an entrepreneurial environment, where employees are encouraged to be creative, work hard, and have a great time while doing so. We believe in open doors, asking tough questions, respecting each other, and surpassing our clients’ expectations every step of the way. It’s an enjoyable place to be, with casual dress and a relaxed atmosphere.
We are looking for legal talent that is:
- Proactive: Anticipates the needs of our business and will keep our business folks updated on a regular basis.
- Excels in Being Responsive: Keeps our business folks updated every step of the way.
- Driven: Seeking to go above and beyond to accomplish a great deal to better our company, as well as their own career development.
- Embraces Technology: Masters the use of technology in the offering of legal services to improve efficiency and effectiveness so we focus on what is important to our company and legal department.
How You’ll Grow
Jenzabar encourages career growth and development at every level, with career planning, tuition reimbursement, and other career development opportunities. As a legal group, we meet regularly for training on hot topics in the legal industry that affect our company. We believe in working off our employees’ individual strengths to foster a collaborative, supportive, and strategic environment.
To qualify for this position, you must meet certain requirements. There are also additional qualifications that are preferred.
What You’ll Do
- Manage Company’s entire contract management process which includes managing the contract process from proposal to deal, the contract management system, and interfacing with finance, sales, services, and the RFP team, and providing reporting to all necessary stakeholders;
- Draft and review various agreements including customer (licensing, SaaS, order form, etc.), vendor, partner, marketing, NDAs, RFPs, and miscellaneous others;
- Skillfully negotiate contracts;
- Support our marketing department in their legal needs and assist with management of the company’s IP portfolio;
- Manage outside counsel;
- Oversee training within the legal group and the Company on customer contracts and related issues; and
- Opportunity to manage others in the legal department.
- J.D. from a well-regarded law school;
- Admitted to at least one state bar (preferably Massachusetts);
- 5 to 15 years of law practice, providing guidance to technology and software companies as in-house counsel;
- Knowledgeable about technology, software development, employment law issues, and other related in-house legal topics; and
- Willingness to pitch in when needed and incorporate feedback to help improve processes.
Preferences & Skills
- Exemplary analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Detail-oriented and able to develop and implement new or enhanced processes for increasing the efficiency of regular responsibilities;
- Project management skills related to maintaining and managing various deadlines, and haphazard requests; and
- Excellent communication skills.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance