Sr. Business Consultant
The Senior Business Consultant will provide consulting services to Jenzabar customers on the implementation, training, use of software systems, and customizations. This includes learning Jenzabar software, gathering and reviewing customer business practices and existing data, configuring software, training end users on the software and writing trip reports. This position requires a solid understanding of Student Information Systems, specifically focused in one of the four areas: Registration, Advising and Student Life; Admissions and Financial Aid; Alumni and Development; Business Office and Human Resources. Along with a general understanding of higher education regulations, requirements and policies associated with these key student-based offices. The Consultant must be proactive, self-starting, professional and able to travel up to 32 weeks per year. This position requires the ability to manage individual relationships and will also work in conjunction with all other levels of Business Consultants.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Perform assigned project tasks with minimal supervision
- Follow established methodology to meet project deliverables for all assigned tasks
- Works proactively and cooperatively in a team environment to accomplish project deliverables within defined schedule
- Communicate information clearly, accurately and timely to project team members
- Gaining a sound understanding and knowledge of the customer's requirements and capabilities and recommending best practices
- Understanding the customer business processes related to the solution
- Must have excellent follow-up skills, provide detailed documentation, and be able to work effectively and independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Stay abreast with business trends and technologies
- Collaborate with Project Manager in executing assigned projects
- Develop estimates based on the customization specifications.
- Recognize potential solutions to a business problem to ensure the best alternative is selected for the client within project scope
- Other duties as assigned by management
- BS, BA Degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years (5 years must be in Higher Ed)
- Experience across a range of higher end functions or offices
- Prior training delivery experience desired
- Comfort level with evolving and ever-changing technology
- Ability to translate technical complex concepts to functional end users
- Software troubleshooting skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven effective listening skills.
- Higher Education industry experience preferred.
- ERP and/or CRM experience preferred.
- Student Information System experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience conducting presentations, conducting one-on-one and/or on-the-job training, classroom training and/or online/webcast training.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and training skills.
- Proven effective listening skills.
- Must possess the ability to communicate well with others, ability to work in a team environment.
- Should be knowledgeable of data base tools
- Experience with Database tools and trouble-shooting skills
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance