Software Business Analyst
Primary function of the Business Analyst is to:
- conduct business processes analysis in order to gain a complete understanding of current procedures.
- document and present analysis of those processes to the product team.
- define the functional user requirements for inclusion in Jenzabar’s Analytics SaaS offering.
Business Analyst works closely with the Product Manager and technical teams and is a major contributor to the requirements specification deliverable, writes the business and functional requirements. This person understands the business of higher education and ensures that there is integration between business and technology.
The Business Analyst
- Understands higher education institutional reporting (IR) and research needs
- Understands software development processes
- Will be the vital link between our software DevOps team and our business objectives.
- Will support and ensure the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks of our software product’s features.
- Is very analytical with problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues
- Performs feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the project management team to prioritizes deliverables, and negotiate on product functionalities.
- Creates detailed Business Requirement Document and translate it into functional specifications and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Defines reporting and alerting requirements
- Develops relationship with partners, working with them to fully understand their business processes.
- Participates in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve products, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
- Previous experience in
- Institutional Reporting for Higher Education,
- Business / Systems Analysis, and/or
- Quality Assurance
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance