UX Designer III
This is a permanent, full-time position.
Lead all aspects of a product’s design, in an agile work environment, utilizing other designer’s expertise as deemed necessary. Work with product managers to perform necessary user research and specify user interfaces using iterative design techniques. Leverage and contribute to a developing Design System of components to ensure consistency across the product ecosystem.
- Participate regularly with other UX designers in critique sessions, sharing design ideas, understanding design goals and improving design work.
- Create a wide variety of UX/UI deliverables that fit the specific design challenge, including, personas, research findings, white board sketches, mockups, prototypes and wire frames.
- Demonstrate a passion to learn independently and share UX knowledge and expertise with others.
- Prototype ideas quickly and share with stakeholders and user advisory groups, iterating and focusing ideas into a minimal viable product.
- Create responsive designs that maximize the user’s experience on desktop and all mobile devices.
- Invent and re-use scalable, common design patterns in the Design System.
- Work with front-end developers to ensure designs comply with WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes product managers, developers, quality assurance engineers and technical writers.
- Effectively manages design time to create great user experience but also is able to meet project sprint backlog goals.
- Lead the product design of a project, selecting the best available interaction patterns in the design system and determining when new interaction patterns are needed.
- Conduct surveys and user interviews to uncover user stories, find the most valuable features, and learn about user goals, concerns and behaviors.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Communicates large and complicated concepts to UX and other teammates easily. Is able to adjust communication style to context.
- Works well with other team disciplines and is able to encourage teams to adopt UX design solutions, but also can adapt designs to time and feasibility constraints.
- Has mastered Sketch, using common key strokes and using symbols, layers and art boards effectively. Finds and utilizes Sketch plugins.
- Creates new content organization schemes and structures and implements them effectively.
- Creates large scale system workflows. All work being clear in purpose, mitigating errors and being easily learnable.
- Facilitates usability sessions independently. Can follow the usability scripts created by someone else to complete testing.
- Conducts UX research interviews, prototype reviews, and surveys with assistance.
- Applies the basics of visual design principles in their design work such as visual hierarchy, proximity, similarity, font selection and color theory.
- Strong commitment to learning. Enjoys independently exploring new topics, problems, prospects and opportunities that present themselves as relevant.
- Builds prototypes using HTML / CSS and has a strong understanding of semantic html and page hierarchy concepts.
- Demonstrates an understanding of visual, layout and content accessibility guidelines in their design work.
- Advanced domain knowledge of the environment in which the product they are designing for will be based, and if applicable is familiar with the Jenzabar product already offered in that space.
- Has completed at least one significant design which has been successfully released to users.
- Accepts citizenship goals for the good of UX and other teams easily.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance