This is a permanent, full-time position.
Work in an agile team environment writing, modifying and debugging web based software. Tackle larger projects with the team as well as smaller defects and minor enhancements solo within a set of mature ASP.NET/C# web applications. Create and maintain documentation for teammates as well a vibrant customer development community. Participate in code review and internal auditing designed to both grow your knowledgebase and skills as a developer and share your talents with the team.
- Work closely and effectively with your team, management and designers to build world class software applications.
- Translate design specifications and functional requirements to web applications that work well across multiple devices for all users.
- Stay current on the latest web tools, client side technologies, standards, and practices.
- Work with Quality Assurance in real time to ensure delivery of high quality software.
- Command a strong understanding of SQL and relational databases and work with DBAs to design and maintain data structure and movement.
- Collaborate with other developers on the team as well as outside of the team to complete company priorities.
- Ability and desire to both estimate tasks and meet deadlines, working effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Work as needed with the support team to help resolve difficult technical issues in our customer base.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Conceive, experiment with, and present architectural approaches for software applications, including web, server, and others.
- Work closely with product management to build and maintain the product backlog.
- Develop technical specifications/requirements or prototypes, as needed, as well as document best practice or development standards for product development.
- Evaluate existing and emerging technologies and their potential to enhance the performance and robustness of a technical architecture.
- Document standards, processes and coding practices.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Development on web application that utilized Responsive Web Design techniques highly preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with building WCAG 2.0/2.1 compliant applications strongly preferred.
- Well versed in SQL and relational databases. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Twitter Bootstrap CSS Framework, knowledge of Agile/iterative development processes and higher education experience are all pluses.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance