Mobile App Developer (Campus.com)
DescriptionThis is a permanent, full-time position.
Jenzabar is looking for a talented and experienced Software Developer to join our team of passionate people in designing and developing a high quality, end user focused administrative web application for higher education. This individual should be highly proficient with building application for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices. The Software Developer should have solid experience with developing one or more mobile platforms including Apple iOS and Google Android. Developed and published apps, websites or other examples of solutions built. Portfolio examples required for interview. If you enjoy working in a team environment to develop an application that will not just let users do their work but help them do their work, then please consider joining the Jenzabar team.
- Work closely and effectively with your team, management and designers to build world class software applications.
- Translate design specifications to web or client applications that work well across multiple devices.
- Contribute to design and architecture of our platform to meet business requirements.
- Write, modify and debug code
- Write necessary unit test cases
- Stay current on the latest web tools, client side technologies, standards, and practices.
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure delivery of high quality software.
- Work with SQL and relational databases.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of coding experience in mobile app development is required.
- App development for Android and iOS using React-Native technology is a must.
- Strong Experience with Objective-C and/or Swift for iOS SDK
- Strong Experience with Java and Android SDK.
- Comprehensive knowledge with iOS & Android operating systems
- TCP/IP, UDP, WiFi and Bluetooth device connectivity Programming for mobile devices.
- Experience with third-party libraries, frameworks, and APIs for mobile devices.
- Experience with Android Studio/Eclipse.
- Experience with web-based user interface development for mobile devices, i.e. jQuery, Bootstrap, MVC, .Net a plus.
- Proven ability and desire to both estimate tasks and meet deadlines, working effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a strong teamwork focus
- Motivated, hardworking and flexible
- Quick learner who enjoys a challenge and can see the bigger picture
Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and practices, especially Agile/iterative development processes
- Experience with unit testing
- Comfortable using git source control
- Experience with cloud computing, like AWS or Azure
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance