Jenzabar is looking for a talented and mindful attorney to join its legal group to lead the Company’s customer life-cycle contract function, as the Company’s legal group based in Boston continues to grow. Such function starts with the pricing stage and continues throughout the life-cycle of a contract including contract generation, negotiation, processing, and tracking. This position will be responsible for leading a cross departmental team focused on customer contracts. This presents a great opportunity to work with our business folks, our customers, and other members of the legal group.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various customer agreements, including, licensing, SaaS, professional services, support, service level, beta and other related agreements;
- Updating and developing necessary forms;
- Working with finance, sales, and services;
- Oversee training within the legal group and the Company on customer contracts and related issues; and
- Performing special projects, as assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years in a law firm or an inhouse environment;
- Detail-oriented and able to develop and implement new or enhanced processes for increasing the efficiency of regular responsibilities;
- Knowledgeable about technology and software development;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Superb drafting skills;
- Proactive, self-motivated, and highly organized, with experience managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work within a team-focused environment;
- Experience with a contract management system;
- Understanding of revenue recognition including the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606);
- Licensed to practice in MA; and
- Experience within the higher education software industry is a plus.
This position reports to the Company’s General Counsel.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance