DevOps Engineer (Campus.com)
Jenzabar is looking for a talented and experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team of passionate people in building and delivering software services for higher education. This individual should be highly proficient with Microsoft Azure, Ansible, Docker and have a passion for automation. The DevOps Engineer should have solid experience with current build automation tools and technologies. If you enjoy working in a team environment to develop an application that will not just let users do their work but help them do their work, then please consider joining the Jenzabar team.
- Create an environment of continuous integration and delivery with early error detection during development and thrives on quality.
- Develop and maintain a continuous and on-demand automated software build and release process on Linux and Windows.
- Deploy and monitor services on Microsoft Azure
- Creates/Maintains DevOps roadmap. Work with Quality Assurance to ensure delivery of high quality software.
- Creates/Maintains software configuration management plans
- Work with team members to troubleshoot follow-through issues and actions and drive them to completion in a timely fashion
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in an infrastructure as code environment
- Experience with the Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Good knowledge of application development using Agile and DevOps best practices
- Experience with a highly available and scalable SaaS applications.
- Strong technical foundation in Microsoft Azure technologies
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Experience with Docker or other containerization tools
- Strong scripting skills required: Ansible, Python, Shell, etc
- Proven ability and desire to both estimate tasks and meet deadlines, working effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a strong teamwork focus
- Motivated, hardworking and flexible
- Quick learner who enjoys a challenge and can see the bigger picture
Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and practices, especially Agile/iterative development processes
- Experience with test driven development
- Comfortable using git source control
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance