Help Desk Administrator
For over four decades, the higher education experts at Jenzabar have been helping colleges and universities across the world thrive. The Jenzabar culture is one that fosters an entrepreneurial environment, where employees are encouraged to be creative, work hard, and have a great time while doing so. We believe in open doors, asking tough questions, respecting each other, and surpassing our clients’ expectations every step of the way. It’s an enjoyable place to be, with casual dress and a relaxed atmosphere.
Created out of a passion for education and a vision for technology, we believe all lives are worthy and capable of greatness and are blessed with masterpieces within. Jenzabar’s mission is to explore, build, and invest in innovative and disruptive technologies and services to empower and transform higher education for all to achieve greatness personally, at home, at work, and in the world.
The IT Help Desk Administrator is responsible for the daily tasks related to end user support. The primary goal is to ensure interruption free service delivery from the IT department’s systems. Additionally, this position functions as the primary support contact for end-users, handling all support requests, documenting received requests, troubleshooting, resolving, and following up with end-users to ensure issues are resolved properly.
Day-to-day duties might include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support and service for all end users
- Maintain service through telephone, remote access, and in-person when appropriate
- Troubleshoot basic network problems (DHCP, DNS)
- Work with Director of IT to recommend training programs based on calls to better assist end users
- Learn and keep current with all new software applications used in the environment
- Enforce policies and procedures for end users use of technology
- Assists with training of associates by educating users on basic PC computing skills.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by providing a high degree of professionalism and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures issues are resolved by escalating issues as needed
- Maintains accurate record keeping by ensuring that all problems are properly documented.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups
- Has knowledge of commonly used PC and Windows concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Monitors network and associated devices for potential issues. Reports any findings to manager for further direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Similar Preferred
- Technical training acceptable
- High School Diploma required
- At least 1-year experience in a Help Desk/Technical Support environment required (Experience can include student work, CO-OP, etc.)
- Strong PC skill and Windows 10 knowledge Mac OS experience a plus
- Understanding of Networking Fundamentals
- Active Directory Administration (user/permission setup and management)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues remotely
- Desktop/Laptop backup
- Advanced Knowledge of Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Basic Networking and WiFi setup familiarity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly Organized
- Office 365 Experience (Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive)
- Basic Client-Server understanding
- Experience with inventory/asset management
- Familiarity with VoIP phone systems
- Ability to assist users on mobile devices (iOS and Android)
**This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change or be assigned at any time.**
Jenzabar does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetics, genetic markers and carrier status, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by state and federal laws.