This Position/Role is intended to provide campus-wide management of servers, and related systems. The role is part of the IT (Information Technology) department and has overall responsibility for Server Management, physical and/or virtual and other areas in support of the overall IT operation.
The person filling this role will report to the campus IT Manager/Chief Information Officer and will work with other IT team members to provide Services and Support to the Institution.
Also responsible for bringing forth major information technology issues, needs, and plans. Will work in conjunction with IT Manager/CIO and IT team on all aspects of Technology for the organization.
The Office of Information Technology is responsible for campus-wide information technology planning and leadership. It has operational responsibility for the campus information technology infrastructure including the inter- and intra-building wiring plant, the voice and video networks, the data backbone network, and campus telephone and internet connections. It has responsibility for providing campus-wide networking services such as the administration of the “.edu” internet domain, domain names services, and the management of the campus web-servers. The Office of Information Technology plays the leading role in dealing with network security issues. It acts as a coordination point for other units that provide campus-wide information technology services, and reviews their annual information technology plans. It plays a major role in forming and supporting campus-wide information technology groups and committees.
- Minimum three years’ experience in server administration; to include knowledge of server provisioning, management and administration, including server support activities such as security, patching, antivirus, malware protection, antispam, backup, failover, and redundancy.
- Experience with Windows Servers and Windows workstations in a Windows domain; domain design and administration
- Minimum of three years’ experience in coordination and implementation of computer and peripheral systems, to include planning, specifications development, purchasing, installation, training, trouble shooting, and repair;
- In-depth knowledge of a Windows servers including; Active Directory, Exchange, and Microsoft SQL;
- In-depth knowledge of VMware ESXi, vCenter and CISCO networking;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Ability to explain in laymen’s terms the use of computer related technologies;
- Advanced computer hardware and software knowledge and skills;
- Analytical and problem solving abilities, with keen attention to detail;
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment;
- Strong customer service orientation.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A+ certified, Microsoft certifications.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco routers and switches
- Bachelor’s in information systems, computer science or similar degree in an equivalent program of study combined with relevant work experience;
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance