Software Developer (Campus.com)
This is a permanent, full-time position.
Jenzabar is looking for a talented and experienced Software Developer to join our team of passionate people in designing and developing a high quality, end user focused administrative web application for higher education. This individual should be highly proficient with Python and PHP. The Software Developer should have solid experience with developing Python web applications and the Django framework. If you enjoy working in a team environment to develop an application that will not just let users do their work but help them do their work, then please consider joining the Jenzabar team.
- Work closely and effectively with your team, management and designers to build world class software applications.
- Translate design specifications to web or client applications that work well across multiple devices.
- Contribute to design and architecture of our platform to meet business requirements.
- Stay current on the latest web tools, client side technologies, standards, and practices.
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure delivery of high quality software.
- Work with SQL and relational databases.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- 2+ years’ experience with B2C web applications
- 2+ years’ experience in development of web applications using Django framework based OO technologies and techniques. Programming experience utilizing Python is required.
- 1+ years of experience in developing with PHP
- Knowledge of RWD techniques and “mobile first” concepts
- Well versed in SQL and relational databases. Experience with MySQL required.
- Experience with MongoDB required.
- Experience with containerization and micro services. Experience with Docker required.
- Proven ability and desire to both estimate tasks and meet deadlines, working effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a strong teamwork focus
- Motivated, hardworking and flexible
- Quick learner who enjoys a challenge and can see the bigger picture
Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and practices, especially Agile/iterative development processes
- Experience with unit testing
- Comfortable using git source control
- Experience with cloud computing, like AWS or Azure
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance